- News of a blood take a look at that may detect a number of cancers in folks already recognized made headlines this week. The BBC, ITV and Sky News all jumped on the potential advantages, however this encouraging step ahead isn’t a fast repair for detecting cancer earlier, as our weblog explains.
- The TV programmes younger folks watch probably the most carry junk food advertisements, and children bear in mind seeing them. That’s based on a report we launched this week, which was picked up by the Telegraph, Mail Online and others. We blogged about why the findings recommend that TV advert rules are in want of updating.
- We’re teaming up with Diabetes UK, the British Heart Foundation and Tesco to assist prospects decrease the chance of coronary heart and circulatory illness, cancer and Type 2 diabetes by way of wholesome residing. Our press launch has extra on the ‘Little helps for healthier living’ scheme, which was picked up by the Mirror.
- Scientists in London captured detailed snapshots of a key molecule that helps learn our DNA code. This very important course of is usually hijacked inside cancer cells, and by understanding the way it works in additional element scientists hope to open the door to new analysis into potential remedies. HuffPost and BBC News have the photographs and the science.
- New genetics analysis might assist to clarify how a breast situation turns into invasive breast cancer. Our information report has extra on the story.
- Sending reassuring reminders boosted bowel scope screening uptake by greater than a fifth, based on new analysis we funded together with St Mark’s Hospital. Our press launch has the small print.
- The Telegraph lined the event of a blood take a look at that may verify the presence of prostate cancer. This analysis might cease individuals who don’t have prostate cancer needing additional tests, however proper now it can’t inform the distinction between life-threatening cancers and innocent ones.
- Health finances cuts imply people who smoke in lots of areas can’t entry assist to stop. Only three in 5 native authorities supply all people who smoke assist, together with give up smoking drugs. The outcomes are from a report by Cancer Research Report and Action on Smoking on Health (ASH), which featured within the Mail Online.
- Having reconstructive surgical procedure instantly after a mastectomy doesn’t delay chemotherapy therapy, however it might improve issues. That’s based on new analysis lined by HuffPost.
- A bunch of MPs have urged GPs to supply a blood take a look at to folks with a number of signs of blood cancer. Sky News has this one.
- ‘Angelina Jolie gene testing for all?’ requested the BBC, after a research advised testing all ladies aged 30 and over for genes linked to breast and ovarian cancer could possibly be price efficient and save lives. But there’s nonetheless lot’s we don’t know. We don’t absolutely perceive how excessive the chance is with a few of the defective genes studied, or how frequent they’re. And having an elevated threat doesn’t imply that cancer will certainly develop, so it might trigger pointless nervousness. The information was additionally picked up by the Mail Online and Sky News.